BIXBY RESIDENTIAL MEDIA SCHOLARSHIP @ NHHS
*NOTE: Submission deadline is June 10.
The Bixby Residential Media Scholarship @ NHHS is open to ALL senior students who wish to submit an entry. Acceptable submissions may be posted at bixbyresidential.com/blog, and in other media publications at the discretion of the sponsor and NHHS staff. Students will generate entries in either journalism, still photography, or film format. Students may submit more than one entry in any category. Grant Bixby will select the winner for each category. Those winners will receive a $1,000 scholarship award with no strings attached. The goal is to promote creativity, individuality, and freedom of expression.
- Submissions accepted beginning May 1, 2020
- Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org (electronic).
- Include the word “Scholarship” in the subject line.
- Include student name, telephone, address and teacher name with each submission. For Film, list credits if you had editorial help, actors, etc.
- Submission deadline is June 10, 2020.
Awards presented at Senior Awards Night (info TBD).
Sample Topics include:
- Not-for-profit Spotlight—Showcase a worthy cause
- Special Event Coverage—Report on a newsworthy happening
- Arts & Sciences—Feature a performance, art exhibit, science fair
- Business & Community Issues—Report on a topic of local importance
- The Op/Ed or commentary piece
- NO PERSONAL ESSAYS. THIS IS NOT A COLLEGE APPLICATION.
Maximum word count of 1,000. Content must be appropriate for all ages. No personal essays or fiction. This is a journalism, non-fiction reporting contest. Submit as a Word document. Entries may include one photograph or illustration if it helps the story, but it is NOT required. $1,000 prize.
One image or a sequence is acceptable. Must receive both print and digital copy of image(s) in an acceptable format (JPEG or other). Protect images accordingly in envelope with cardboard or other. Important: Accompany image with 250 word (max) description of image, where taken, camera & film details. Content must be appropriate for all ages. $1,000 prize.
Maximum running time of 5 minutes. Submit in suitable electronic file type or YouTube type link. Content must be appropriate for all ages. $1,000 prize.
THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING, AND GOOD LUCK!